Position Title: LOCATE: Child Care Administrative Assistant
FLSA Classification: Full-time (35 hrs/wk), Non-exempt
Reports to: Director, LOCATE: Child Care
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Maryland Family Network helps parents find and evaluate child care, provides training for child care professionals and parents, works with employers to develop supportive work/family programs, and collects and disseminates child care information for trend analysis and planning.
The LOCATE: Child Care Administrative Assistant supports the LOCATE teams providing reporting and customer service. This position involves considerable telephone work. We require a HS Diploma or GED and three years of previous work experience in the child care field.
MFN is looking for a candidate who possesses excellent oral and written communication skills, a superior customer service outlook, and a working knowledge of the State’s child care regulations, child development and quality child care. Spanish is a plus.
MFN is an equal opportunity employer. We offer excellent benefits and a 35 hour work week.
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED and three years' experience in an office
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel including Excel functions including, VLOOKUP’s, COUNT, IF, graphs, conditional formatting and pivot tables
- Proficient in Microsoft Word including tables, graphics and merges
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Superior organization skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Power Point and Microsoft Outlook
- Spanish is a plus
- Run, create and format reports in Excel and Word
- Support LOCATE teams with customer service and correspondence
- Track Department Statistics
- Generate emails and letters
- Prepare presentations
- Process confidential information and documents
- Manage training and education materials
- Assist with maintenance of equipment
- General clerical duties
- Schedule meetings and appointments in Outlook
- Schedule conference calls and Zoom meetings
- Attend Events representing LOCATE: Child Care (occasional weekend work)
Please send resume with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls. EOE. This position will remain open until filled.